Why the need for creative facilitation?
As organisations realize that enduring value comes from creativity and innovation and leaders notice that creativity and innovation cannot be coerced from people, the skill of facilitation is gaining both awareness and interest.
Facilitation and arts-based processes are genuine tools to create and maximize links between people, new ideas and the organisation’s products, services and processes.
In essence facilitation means to “make easier”, thus the focus is on processes that make it easier for a group to:
- Transform existing practices
- Share knowledge and generate new ideas
- Compare, contrast and choose between options
- Make decisions and plan for implementation
The role of the facilitator is to pay attention to the group and the process, so that the group can focus their attention on the ideas and issues on the ‘table’.
"Facilitating creatively to produce ideas and knowledge for value"©
- introduces you to facilitation as a creative methodology
- explores three sets of processes for transformation, idea generation and implementation
- builds a unique creative organizational capability ready to mobilise whenever rigorous idea generation is needed
These processes can be used for
- Generating new product ideas
- Transforming existing work processes
- Assessing feasibility options
- Setting action plans to drive implementation
You will learn to
- Tap into the creativity that exists in any group of employees, no matter what level
- Generate creative new ideas and knowledge knowing how to select a range of appropriate processes for the occassion
- Instantly mobilize the organizational creative and innovation capabilities of the organization to create value and solve problems.
- Leaders at all levels, in formal people manager roles and in matrix management roles, will generate benefits by being better able to facilitate creativity and innovation in those they lead and those who report to them.